Sunday, September 22, 2013

Get out your pumpkins


Happy first day of fall, y'all! Today was supposed to be the day I got out all our my fall decorations and went to town on our home. Then I searched the basement and realized, whoops, those are still in Houston...

So as I wait for my lovely mama to send me those things this week, these new additions are tying me over. The print is a page torn out from Midwest Living and I picked up the materials for the pendants and skull at Michael's today. Some burlap, twine, orange fabric, and white paint pen for the pendants (you can probably find a more creative word to spell out, I wasn't feeling adventurous). I tend to stay away from the morbid/scary Halloween themes, but when you add bling to a skull it kind of loses its scariness, right? Plus these glittery skulls at Pottery Barn inspired me, so I went for a gold paint pen and unfinished skull to get a similar look.

Voila -- fall is in the air!

1 comment:

  1. Looks nice. Time for me to get out my candy corn decorations!

    ReplyDelete