Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Must List: Art to See

Lately I've found myself a little uninspired. With so much free time on my hands right now I could be creating things left and right—writing, art, home decor, photo albums ... the list goes on and on. And yet when it comes down to it, it seems like the only thing that has my creative juices flowing these days is cooking. Which is great and I love it, but the lack of other creative outlets is catching up with me. For example, I'm a little embarrassed to say how little art I've consumed in the past few months. Being in a new city with plenty of museums and galleries to explore really gives me no excuse. Just in the past few days alone there are so many art exhibitions I've read about that have me itching to be in a gallery getting lost inside a new work of art.

Here are a few of my must-see exhibitions for this spring (added bonuses are that two involve traveling ;) ).

1) The Progress of Love @ The Pulitzer Foundation for the Arts (St. Louis) *as well as the Menil in Houston
2) Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity @ The Metropolitan Museum (New York)
3) Picasso Black and White @ The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand being uninspired while have lots of spare time. It can be a chore to get myself to do anything other surf the Internet for car stuff and watch netflix. I have found that the best motivation is will. Making a conscious decision to get off the couch and get out in the world. Anyway, love the blog and I hope it becomes a "must read" blog soon.

    Also, if you want an art gallery friend, Lori says that she wants to go to see the progress of love exhibit.

    ReplyDelete